Some online courses will require students to take their exams or quizzes using the Respondus Lockdown Browser. The Respondus Lockdown Browser is a specific browser that prevents students from navigating to other websites or being able to copy any content off the screen while taking an exam. Upon installation to your desktop, if your exam requires your to use the Respondus Lockdown Browser, you must select the Respondus Lockdown Browser icon from your desktop to log into your Canvas course to take your exam or quiz.
1. To download the Respondus Lockdown Browser for the first time, please go to our Software Resources page.
2. Under the 'Players & Plug-Ins' section, click on the Respondus Lockdown Browser option for your specific operation system (Apple icon for Macs):
3. Follow the prompts to install the Respondus Lockdown Browser:4. Choose the 'Save File' option within the Respondus Install window and then click OK:
5. Verify you are downloading the installer, then make sure to run it (by selecting the 'InstallLDBPackage64c' item within the downloads window):
6. Within your list of apps inside the Application folder, you should now be able to see the 'Lockdown Browser' icon. At this point you can drag the icon onto the dock for convenience: