Knowledgebase FAQs



Who is a Non-Degree Seeking Student?

« Go Back


Non-Degree students may be either affiliated with a College or School or unaffiliated in their status. Unaffiliated students are limited to taking one semester of courses at the University. Affiliated students must be approved by the appropriate College or School and must meet its specific requirements. Under no circumstances may more than 15 hours, taken as a non-degree seeking student, be applied to a degree program, if the student changes from non-degree seeking to degree-seeking status.

Enrollment as a non-degree seeking student does not imply a right for future admission as a regular, degree-seeking student. Non-degree seeking students will not be allowed to register for more than one term without obtaining admission to a degree program at the University, or obtaining admission into a formal certificate program, or acquiring affiliated status from the department in which they are registering.

Applicants denied admission to the University will not be allowed to register as non-degree seeking students for a period of one year without obtaining admission into a formal Certificate Program or obtaining affiliated status from the appropriate academic department.

To obtain more information please contact the Registrar's Office at (305) 348-2320 or visit the Non-Degree Seeking Students page on the Registrar's website.



Was this article helpful?



Please tell us how we can make this article more useful.

Characters Remaining: 255


Search for FAQ

Reset Search

Select a Category

Narrow Search

<Group 1 Label>